He, Rain, Rise : All Lies

I tend to forget 
because the sun forgets with me
To rise
They told me, He did
what He should not
with the moon last night
So, it's clear as day today 
but I woke up only with 
The rain


I tend to forget 
that my eyes are only dreaming often
and yet they are not eyes
Trust me, I speak
It's just that I am
some Egyptian Cleopatra 
whose hieroglyphs 
only my baby cat could decipher.


I tend to forget 
But she howled 
when He did it
It was wolfish I swear
I know, she didn't meow Okay.
He sucked so much 
blood from the day's entrails 
that it forgot to be
You see.
Though, it's a bygone faint memory 
A half dream maybe.


I tend to forget 
If I faked it or hid a tear
when I said it
But then, hear me
Don't guilt me too soon
I fooled you for the rain
It was just the sound, 
noise, music of it.


I tend to forget 
If I even woke up
though I always but
I believed him when He told,
He crossed the seas on his
beautiful feet of 
four toes touching
To find me.


I tend to forget
But I gave him shells
He asked for -
I am obliged to -
When I was running along
the shore like a little girl


I tend to forget 
He came just as closer 
right beside my ear
holding the conch
It was sound, noise, music
of the rain I didn't lie about
What does it matter
It's all water after all.


I tend to forget 
If it's me
So when I am sleeping
next to him I do not sleep
I only write another hieroglyph
on his drugged body with my
ten fingers: 
How much of me?











Comments

Popular Posts