Why is there even you?



There are days I have no memory of 

Like a girl rolling over in her 20s

You might find me tossing my head 

You might find me twirling round and round

Under the immense gaze of rainy nights

My face lying upwards 

Feeling the universe 

Feeling the drops fall like 

Bees returning to the beehives 

And then there is you 


I wear reds quite too often

I know how to get lost among the crowd 

Under the immense passion rumbling in my womb 

I know when I let someone hold my nape 

And let it go like pearls falling from a delicate string 

And then there is you 


Like grains pouring back in an hourglass 

I am selling my soul at the altar 

Putting suffering to a better use 

Homeless, deserted, ancient 

There is a thin possibility 

When you cup my face someday 

The breaths in my windpipe might betray 

You, me, and everything else.







Comments

Popular Posts