The Anaesthetic Beep


Sweetheart, when you ran and ran

And still could not find yourself 

You reminded me of dead temperatures

You reminded me of dead silences

You reminded me of the meth me 

Who kills a part of her as a daily ritual

Only to wake up the next day 

Not knowing why she waking up

For the world 


Sweetheart, this Sisyphus has to run 

Run till he feels nothing within him

Till he is purged 

Till he cannot tell 

If he alive or he dead 


Sweetheart, I have laid my hands

At the mercy of this air

This all-encompassing sadness

This glare in stagnant faces


Sweetheart, I walk the drugged corridors 

Like a maze in a maze in a maze….

But, you know what 

Wait and just, listen 

to the rustling whispers 

In silence

Squeeze your eyes 

If you want

Forget them

If you could 

Because,

One day 

One day 

You would not be lost 

Even after losing yourself.





Comments

Popular Posts