Happiness is a giggling boyish romance



Someone told me to write

about happiness today

My sighs are not read 

It makes people sad 


The dark humor consumes 

It is preposterous 

Happiness, my dear, 

Happiness a fleeting bird

It paints the sky blue 


When we would be sitting

Under the immense gaze of stars 

The waves would tickle 

And a girl would giggle 

from faraway lands 


Last time someone told me 

I remind her of witches running 

wild on stormy nights 

I laughed till I cracked my bones


We laughed because there 

was nothing else to do 

And laughing means something 

Does it not? 


Happiness reminds me 

Of flowers, no not exactly that 

The first drops of dew 

Touching the unopened buds

Till I feel it running down my throat 

Burning embers

Begging fast, begging slow

Open for me, 

Open for us, 

Open for the world,

Please.


And I ask in return,

Would it then remind you 

Of me 

Closed like a river 

Bright like a no-moon day


Happiness, my dear, 

Happiness a fleeting bird

It reminds me of you 

With nothing but breeze 

On our sides


It reminds me of kisses 

Borrowed in exchange 

Of sweet, tender arms 

To sleep 


I am writing it now 

Joy, bounties of joy 

I write it so 


Is it your hands 

Is it their eyes

Is it its arms 

Lo, there is a leg 

hovering somewhere 

Too much flesh to bear

Too much 


Happiness, my dear,

Happiness a fleeting bird

Tell me so, if I decide to 

make a toy out of it someday 

Would you bake it for me? 


Then a girl would giggle 

from faraway lands 

And, we would laugh 

Because laughing means something

Does it not? 









Credits to a long conversation after a long hot summer day



Comments

Popular Posts