All the love seasons without you



There is a whole reality apart 

That reality subsumes into you 

That reality holds my hand 

Huddles close together and

Bears the brunt of cascading rain


I am twirling my skirt round and round

Falling into your arms

Like newborns fall in deep slumber 

Getting high on mammary glands

In those midday hours 

That are themselves high 

For no good reason

There is nowhere for me to go now 

Can I stay for a while, here, with you?

 

There is a painting in my head 

It's a little blurry 

Of my school's morning bells 

Of yellow bulbs 

Turning the faces quite dark

It's a little glowy 

So I fall prey to the rhythmic chanting 

I diminish in size, grow anonymous

But, there is a certain stillness of warmth 

Can I stay for a while, here, suspended, still? 


I didn't tell you

That memory is of 

Intense winters so much so that

I don't feel my fingers anymore 

And in one of these hazy mornings 

Or, maybe endless nights 

I dream loud of running away 

With nothing but blood on our heads

Can I stay for a while, here, until your lips,

part for me?


I want to tell you

New cities do not entertain me a lot 

They remind me of you 

That I am scared of your new excursions 

That my adventures hesitate before 

the feet of a new man 

So pull me back or be forever gone


Validate yourself by knowing 

That silks do not become of me now

Numerical figures do 

Can you stay for a while till I am forgetful enough? 


I want to have a life for god's sake 

Outside of this poem

Because, We, you and me, are unlettered 

It would be lovely you know 

If someone exploits this though 

To pen their love letters 

At least then, alas, 

We put my death to some use.











 







Comments

Popular Posts