"How can anyone be so bad in 2022?"

I see Putin, sitting in his lavish glasshouse sipping a cup of hot coffee but somehow it's all sounding too dull this lazy afternoon. The world has been dying in a whimper, why not create a bang? 


But, my dear, we will prove ourselves greater because our carbon footprint is low, it's our birthright and we shall have it. Few extra flames from an ounce of coal never hurt anyone, anyway. The sea shall wait, we will make it wait, we do have better policies, you shall see. 




I shall barter my soul, my principles as I have to pay your long standing debt. My neighborhood children are wailing but they are not my children. And, when they are murdered in cold-blood, I shall defend my territorial integrity, my strategic autonomy. 


You naive soul, you don't understand, my spirits light up for my lover but he stood me up so I learnt a lesson or two on self-love. 


So, everytime you say you came for me, I practice a suspension of disbelief because certainly the fittest shall survive and my silences are rendered moot. 


Perhaps, you, dying in my arms is the greatest tragedy the world shall witness but my poor public memory is so short that I shall rise up and not be your widow because baby, didn't you tell me last Saturday that I look smoking hot in blood red?




Comments

Popular Posts