I Have Become Sugar







There's something about you 
and it's quite funny
how after decades of anthologies on love 
I still have something to write 

I do not know what I'll write about though 
Is it the creamy melting of Bombay chai 
or rather the objectivity of two small humans huddled close under an infinite, limitless umbrella rain 

About me, my dear, traversing my tiny hands on your bare chest 
It's the little me in a romantic dream 
eating vanilla layered with the taste of chocolate

Though, I, somehow, am not a fan of sugar gluttony
But certainly I do know the soft, delicate essence of its kiss when it first hits the tongue palate 

I have always been like that 
All feelings and no air 
And I do not know what you would do with that knowledge

All I do know is one thing and that for certain
That I never liked this world 
I have been a walking clown with hurt bells dangling all over me since the beginning of time 
As far as I can see the vastness of my poison ivy
As far as memory doesn't fail to take notice 
I made people laugh as I let them play with the cavities in me 

But now I am no longer hurt 
I am you 
I have become sugar
I am sweeter no doubt 
and you could never gloat over me
as I, myself, will never be enough of it.





Comments

Popular Posts