The Lost Pair

I have an extremely faint memory. It's exactly similar to how your face vaporizes when I peep you through the flames. It's warm here. It's warmer there. We are where? In the middle of ice cubes. I am panicking and clinging to my mother's hem. I am nagging. I am nasty. She told me she would play Russian roulette so I better be quiet. 


But, Mama, how will we play among the waves? In the vastness of this sea? We gotta hit the shore before it's too late. Before the sun sets and dissolves us. Don't we? 


I didn't know the Greeks back then. Didn't know their ceremonial wine oblation to Apollo. But my mother, I think she knew because she didn't play nothing that sunset. She only made me undress her one ear and I watched while she threw it in the entrails of the grand, grand ocean. 


Would you wear it single handedly Mama?

Oh, I wish I might.


I am a septum person. I think her, "I wish I might", arrowed me down. I know I lose it but I never let go of it. 


When it's night, I go animalistic. I would hold your long hairs and press them back, behind your ears gracefully. This clarity of your face between my two little hands is dangerous. We don't match our eyes. It's wild. Wild. Wild. I mean the music. I dance, I swirl, I dance, I swirl. Till I am down on my knees. Nobody grabs me up on days like these. If anyone does, he has to bear the curse of being seduced for the rest of his lifetime left with him. It's on the same floor, it left me. It got lost and you were there. I attach it with oblation.




You see, like my mother I have a habit of losing, undressing my one ear but I don't say "I wish I might". I wear it single-handedly. I don't even go back and try. 


Yes, when it's night, I go animalistic. I talk to the single piece left with me. I squeeze it between my fist tightly, I don't mind the prick. Other times, when I am in a lighter state of mood I even caress it and let it know my skin but talk I will.


Did you know you were going to lose it?

Why didn't you tell me then?

Why didn't you warn me?

Did you do it on purpose? 


Since then it has been sleeping with me inside my pillowcase and holds my wisdom in custody.





Comments

Popular Posts