Mama, I Think I Read Spaces

Mama, I think I read spaces
But I won't jump out of the window 
I would instead sit in that beautiful 
chair in the park 

And hear the birds speak 
No, not like birds but humans
themselves 
I would curl till my feet 
touch my stomach
I think it would make space 
No, not for me
The Chair
The Chair

It is getting wrinkles
While I sat there 
And now it's making that 
same puckered face 
towards the sun


But it told me last summer
It would wait
Wait till it rains
And when it would dry
In whispers 
It would crack

And, The Birds
The Birds
They chatter about me
In the party that's in the air
Above headless chimeras
And I hear their echo
When?

After the party.

Mama, I think I resign
It is drowning me
With pebbles.



Credits : Portrait by Bhawana




Comments

Popular Posts