WHO IS THIS WOMAN






I cannot write, nothing bleeds of my fingertips
I see a forest coming back to life 
A sparrow singing, perhaps, yelling at me to listen 
But I cannot bring a dead to living, 
write absurd commentaries upon it

I cannot stop remembering what isn't supposed to be
I cannot school myself to happiness 
Who is this woman, I do not know her 
Who is this man, I do not love 

I remember the last time 
I tried to hammer 
something delicate and oh so soft 
It broke in my hands and wailed 
I could not bring myself to nurse it 

Perhaps I have always been this cruel, 
this distant
Perhaps I always make a handsome fool out of me 

I do not know what beckons 
I never heard your voice 
I never embraced you in the clasps of seeing 

I know going and not returning back 
I do not know this becoming, 
this running out of the sky 






Comments

Popular Posts