2021







Oh how I thought if I colour myself
a little more of the shade of blue 
perhaps I become likeable

I still do not carry the audacity
of having no raw smell 
that isn't tainted with a tough stain of remembrance or maybe memory 
and I beg the universe for a little too kind gift of forgetfulness

I find women in love quite stupid and funny
they always weigh themselves
against the burden of amnesia, 
Of how long it would be time
when no cramped lane ever
remind them of the closeness 
they once had

It is still long enough to realise 
that clothes that don't fit
can may become a fashion statement
but they will not shy away 
from hanging loose against bodies 
they are not made for

You see, no amount of metal
can make the touch of lips more lethal
than lips desired to fill a giant 
hole of intimacy. 


Comments

Popular Posts