While trying to catch a housefly





Ever wondered how much hollowness we carry within, walk heavy with?

I would say, to still walk, is courageous enough.

Even if the whole question of walking, existing, appears moot, sad at times. 



You bit a thousand bullets, didn't you?

Before crashing down under the pressure of that last call. 

I know, you did sleep it over

The last hurt someone was capable of doing 

How many times, honey, you did laugh the makeup worn, never to be seen, never to be messed up with 



And, I have come far away, 

quite far from it, 

quite far to never let anyone do to me

what you did 

But, sometimes, just sometimes when it rains 

and my drunk, pokered face make me feel or look a little tizzy 

My fingers shiver to not call you 

It's the symbol of a love lost too soon 

but I like a fool sleep it over 

Like you always knew 

how good I am at walking. 









Comments

Popular Posts