Daddy

"Daddy, I have had to kill you
You died before I had time-----"

"Every woman adores a Fascist,   
The boot in the face, the brute   
Brute heart of a brute like you."
                                  
                                  ~Daddy by Sylvia Plath

You remember the day,
Do you?
When I asked for Rick and Morty
on that yellow book cover
It was yellow daddy,
Do you?

That day, it turned into blood.
Did you see? 
I never knew,
Yellow would be so red to me.

I only wanted to paint.
To paint stars, to paint stories.
It's nothing now, Daddy
I paint, now, nothing.


Remember? Me? A child?
Crying for little tiny tinsels?
See me now, Daddy
Would you?

I cry, you know, 
not to cry anymore.

Yellow is so sick.
All colours are sick.
They sicken me
that I hate them.

But, Daddy, I think 
now I hate you more.

You were never mine.
I was never yours.
To be never anyone's.

But, now everyone is you.
Everywhere.
You! You! You!
Where is me, Daddy?
Why did you kill me? 

I pull my hairs at night
but you don't die.
Why don't you, 
Daddy, why don't you?




























Comments

Popular Posts