FOR I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT WITH YOU



I took the Preamble off the wall

because justice is at odds with the slimy yellow wallpaper 

It takes me back when I went howling away to faraway lands 

I cared not whether I wanted to live or die in those abandoned houses 

I just wanted to be away 


And yet after years of going and returning 

We do not talk about it 

I do not mention the police station 

I am still a super big misfit 

who bangs doors and a couple of not-to-be-banged things 


A maddening fury takes over

It knows either to be dead silent

Or go shrieking with hands and all 


Everyone is allowed to describe but not explain 

For if you are foreign to where the sugar is kept in a house for long

you are divorced 


And I know it's just a symbol 

But I walk with the Preamble in my hands 

Because in some places it is as big a disappointment as I am. 











Comments

Popular Posts